This watermelon pizza is one of my favorite summertime desserts that come together in less than 10 minutes. Serve this watermelon pizza at your next picnic or potluck.
We are hitting peak watermelon season, and this watermelon pizza is a delicious way to enjoy it. The recipe offers a sweet, healthy treat that’s refreshing and nutritious.
This is the kind of pizza where you can easily eat more than one slice without the hefty calories tacked on! This watermelon pizza is loaded with electrolytes, has some added protein from the yogurt, and is topped with vitamin-rich fruit.
It helps with that sweet tooth and also quenches your thirst – making it my favorite ever summer treat!
Ingredients You Will Need To Make Watermelon Fruit Pizza
- Watermelon – the base of the fruit pizza.
- Yogurt – use any of your choice.
- Honey or Maple-syrup
- assorted fruit – make with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, figs or your favorite fresh fruits.
- fresh mint – adds freshness and summertime flavor.
How to make Watermelon Pizza
- To start, get a juicy large watermelon, and cut it in half. Then cut an even round slice about 1-inch thick.
- Lay a watermelon slice cut side down on a cutting surface. Spread the yogurt to cover the fleshy part of watermelon, leaving room to hold each slice by the rind.
3. Top it with fresh berries. Garnish with fresh mint. Cut the watermelon slices into desired wedges.
4. Repeat with remaining watermelon slices to make as many fruit pizzas as desired.
Topping ideas include (but not limited to):
- soft spreadable cheeses (cream cheese, ricotta, mascarpone)
- Greek yogurt
- feta cheese
- fruits of all kind (berries, pineapple, mango, apples, pears)
- fresh herbs (basil, mint)
- nuts/seeds (almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds)
- chocolate chips (just because you can)
- Best if enjoyed immediately.
- Pre-made pizzas can be stored in airtight containers the fridge for up to 1 day.
Did you know you can make grilled watermelon pizza?
Cut thick watermelon slices into pie shapes. Brush oil on watermelon slices, grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Remove from grill and add any toppings.
Pickled onions, feta cheese, chopped walnuts, and rocket salad leaves with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar is so delicious!
MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Watermelon Pizza recipe, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share them with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!