Roasting carrots is a perfect quick side dish for any meal. It creates a healthy alternative to carbs and complements almost any dinner.
As much as I am obessed with my instant pot, I am equally in love with my air-fryer. When it comes to picking a side dish I love, love having roasted vegetables. And roasting vegetables in the air fryer is super easy and takes way less time. Add your favorite sweet or savory stir-ins for the best carrot side dish in less time than it takes in an oven!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
HOW TO MAKE HONEY GLAZED CARROTS IN AIR FRYER
1. Gather all ingredients: carrots, honey, butter, oregano salt, and pepper.
2. In a medium bowl mix honey with melted butter, salt, and pepper.
3. Peel carrots, then cut in half, then cut in half lengthwise, marinate with half honey glaze (keep
remaining or use all of it). Make sure the carrots are cut in similar size. This is important to ensure
each piece cooks at the same speed. Otherwise, some carrots will end up mushy while some still
aren’t cooked all the way through.
4. Air Fry for 10-12 minutes at 370 F. I recommend shaking the basket once or twice to ensure even
5. After cooking drizzle with remaining honey glaze and sprinkle oregano.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED CARROTS IN THE OVEN
If you don’t have an Air Fryer not to worry! You can still make these delicious roasted carrots in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the sliced carrots tossed in the dressing to the baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until tender.
- Add the rest of glaze to carrots, toss it or drizzle. Sprinkle oregano and serve!
BABY CARROTS IN THE AIR FRYER
You can not only make this recipe with regular carrots but also use baby carrots.
Wash the baby carrots and pat dry. Cut them in half lengthwise or slice them diagonally and proceed with the rest of the recipe. Adjust the cooking time to make sure they are cooked all the way through if not slicing them apart.
STORING & REHEATING
Cooked carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Allow the carrots to cool completely, then place them into an airtight storage container to refrigerate.
The best way to reheat air fryer carrots is in the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) then warm the carrots for 3-5 minutes, shaking halfway. *This may vary depending on how many carrots you’re reheating, continue heating until the carrots reach your desired temperature. Don’t crowd the basket.
The easiest way to reheat your carrots is in the microwave. Simply microwave in short 30-second increments as the carrots will turn rubbery quickly if over-heated.
- If you want to spice things up more, you can add ¼ teaspoon of coriander powder.
- For more heat, sprinkle ½ or 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes.
- Add some freshly sliced garlic or garlic powder and then sprinkle some Parmesan on when the carrots are done.
- For more authentic flavor, add Sesame oil instead of regular oil.
- Garnish with fresh herbs – mint, cilantro or dill instead of oregano.
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!