Roasted Feta Olive Salad is a great side dish or salad.
Sometimes the simplest things can be the best things. It’s easy to make and you will love it at any BBQ, Picnic, or just a great dinner night with simple rice dishes also!
I make this dish in small portion size as well as in a large portion. It can be served immediately or you can refrigerate it for an hour or so if you would like. Feta and Olives just go so great together and the fresh herbs!! It’s delicious!
Gather ingredients. Drain olives and set them aside. Cut feta into cubes. Roast them in a pan or oven. Sprinkle red chili flakes before you roast or add flakes later to the salad. Sometimes, I add before roasting and it gives a great flavor too!! Cut rainbow cherry tomatoes into halves. I like to roast them for this salad but you can add them just like that. Put roasted olives, feta, and tomatoes in a bowl. Prepare dressing in a separate bowl. Add olive oil and chopped basil leaves to it. Dried basil leaves also work too. Pour dressing to the bowl and sprinkle red flakes on this salad as per your taste. Serve with grilled veggies or rice dishes or as a salad!!
This Salad has many variations:
- Use only green or black olives with Feta cheese, tomatoes, and onion. Put dressing of your choice. Sprinkle Oregano or red chili flakes or black pepper. I tried this with Indian cottage cheese as well and REALLY loved it!!
- Add avocado and kale to sliced olives.
- Add spinach leaves and jalapenos with mozzarella cheese.
- Mix this salad with leftover rice and add walnuts.
- Make this with roasted bell pepper.
- Dried Cranberries, dried cherries, raisins, or apricots – you pick!