Bursting with freshness and flavor, apple cranberry walnut salad is an easy, beautiful side dish or entrée!
Ready in under ten minutes and healthy, this dish makes a great side salad addition to any meal but is also filling enough to be a stand-alone main course. On days you want to have a satisfying and delectable meal without too much time in the kitchen or standing over a hot stove, this Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad is a great option. Whether you’re craving salty or sweet, this flavorful salad is sure to leave you satisfied.
Fruits and vegetables are often viewed as two separate foods, to be enjoyed at different times. But combining them really gives you a great flavor profile. This salad proves healthy doesn’t have to be boring, flavorless, or ordinary. This fresh and nutrient-packed dish isn’t just wholesome, it is delicious!
- Apples – The apples soak up the scrumptious dressing flavor and add a wonderful juicy crunch to the salad.
- Spring mix salad – is a mixture of greens, lettuces with bright fresh crunchy textures and flavors. Instead of purchasing several different types of lettuce, this bag has everything you want, affordably.
- Dried Cranberries – With their chewy texture, sweet flavor, and festive color, dried cranberries are an exceptional addition for both elegance and taste.
- Feta – A classic pairing with apple and walnut.
- Walnuts & Pumpkin seeds – For crunchy flavor and texture.
- Maple Cinnamon Dressing – A little sweet, a little tangy, and a lot delicious (especially with the apples!). Be sure to add it gradually so that you don’t accidentally overdress the salad.
How to make Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad?
- Mix together the salad dressing. Whisk the olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and lemon juice in a bowl, or place in a jar and shake well.
- Chop the apples into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the spring salad mix to a large bowl or serving plate. Top with cranberries, chopped walnuts, diced apples, feta cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Lightly dress the salad. I always keep in mind I can add more dressing but you can’t take it away! Add it just a bit at a time.
Refrigerate– This salad tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers cannot be stored for later because the salad will become soggy. However, you can store the salad and dressing separately for 2 days in the fridge and mix right before serving.
Freeze– Salad can not be frozen due to the high water content. It will become wilted and soggy. You can freeze the salad dressing in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months, if you like. Then just thaw to room temperature to serve.Print
MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!