About this recipe:
Spicy Mayo Sandwich is a quick and delicious sandwich recipe.
Mayonnaise Sandwich can be made in variety of ways. Load it with veggies, add cheese, mix herbs or use flavored mayonnaise. Serve these sandwiches with Masala Chai/Tea, Iced Tea, Dalgona Coffee, Soda drinks, etc.
How to make Spicy Mayo Sandwich?
A simple and quick sandwich that just needs a few ingredients – Spicy Mayonnaise, Veggies, Bread Slices, and Butter.
Mayonnaise – You can use simple and full-fat mayo. I mixed mayo with Sriracha to make it spicy. Add a pinch of salt and a spoon of lime juice. Another option is to add sweet chilli sauce or Tomato ketchup in mayo for different flavor.
Vegetables – I like to make this sandwich with four veggies, that are onion, cucumber, tomato, and capsicum(green and/or red), but you can go ahead and add more veggies like corn, grated carrots, etc. Just make sure to finely chop or grate them before using them.
Bread – You can use any Bread, be it a white Milk Bread, Brown Bread, Multigrain Bread, or even Whole Wheat Bread.
Butter – To toast it nicely and add a little more flavor, toast the sandwich in butter.
Seasonings – Flavor the vegetable mixture with simple seasonings such as black pepper, red chili flakes, and salt, if using simple mayo. I added a pinch of salt while mixing mayo and sriracha sauce. You can adjust the amount of these seasonings as per your taste.
Step By Step Recipe:
- Make the spicy mayo mixture. I mixed mayo with Sriracha to make it spicy. Add a pinch of salt and a spoon of lime juice.
2. Chop the veggies and add mayonnaise sauce to it.
3. Cut the edges of the bread slices, if you’d like. Apply butter over bread slices.
4. Keep some filling over one bread slice. Cover with another slice.
5. Slather little butter on both sides the sandwich and toast the sandwich.
6. Cut into desired shape and serve immediately!
White, brown, or any other variety of bread can be used for this recipe. Leftover bread that’s about to go stale can also be used. In fact, you can also use sourdough bread or bagels to make this sandwich.
In place of mayo, you can use butter, hung curd, sour cream, cream cheese, pesto, guacamole, or green chutney.
To make it vegan, use eggless mayonnaise and oil in place of butter.
Make it with brown bread in place of white bread for healthy version.
You can also make this on a skillet or tawa or in a sandwich maker. Also, keep the flame low to medium, if making on tawa or skillet.
I would always suggest making and serving Sandwich fresh because they remain nice and crispy when served hot. Otherwise, they turn soft and soggy if kept for long.
However, the mixture can be prepared in advance and kept in refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- There are many ways in which you can serve them. Serve them as is or cut them in triangles, or cut them as breadsticks. You can also serve them as a regular sandwich instead of an open-faced one.
- Serve them with Salad or alongside with soups.
- You can also serve some French Fries, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Potato Wedges, Oven Roasted Zucchini Wedges, or Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Wedges on the side.
- Depending on the season and preference, they pair well with Masala Chai/Tea, Iced Tea, Dalgona Coffee, Soda drinks, etc.