How are you all holding on to your resolutions? I’ve been making smoothies like crazy after the holidays! Just throwing things in the blender and blending away!
Smoothies are one of my favorite ways to start my day especially when you don’t have time to prepare breakfast before leaving to work. Just blend for few minutes all the ingredients together and you are ready to go.
It’s very normal if you do not like spinach in your smoothies. I totally get it!! My sister never liked it at first but when she tried this recipe, now its a routine for her. There are so many benefits to drinking green smoothies! I typically have my smoothies in the morning and the first benefit comes in simply starting my day with a healthy meal that’s packed with nutrients. The other obvious benefit is that these smoothies are loaded with healthy and natural foods that are overall great for your body.
I know everybody is trying to eat healthy at the beginning of the year. So, you are going to be so happy with this recipe today because it is so delicious and at the same time healthy.
What to put in this Green Smoothie:
- Frozen Pineapple chunks
- Frozen Spinach
- Coconut Water
- Chia seeds/dried cranberries/grated date
If you are new to green smoothies, add 1 cup of spinach instead of two to get the flavor. This recipe provides the CREAMIEST green smoothie with no weird chunks of green in it and it is easily adaptable so that you can use the ingredients that you prefer/ have on hand. This recipe is SUPER flexible so that you can use what you prefer AND so that you can easily switch things up depending on what is in season and easily available.
Top Tips For Simple Green Smoothie Recipe
- At least use 2 frozen ingredients to make your smoothie cold, creamy, and without ice. I used frozen pineapple and spinach in this smoothie.
- Add naturally sweet fruits to your “green” smoothies. By sticking with naturally sweet fruits like bananas, mango, apples, pears, or pitted dates, we avoid artificial sweeteners and processed sugars.
- If you’d like, you can blend your green smoothie the night before and store it in your fridge (up to 2 days). Use an airtight lid to limit oxidation and keep it as fresh as possible. When ready to drink, give it a good shake before you open.
- Top it or add chia or pumpkin or sunflower seeds for extra nutritional benefits, if you’d like.
How to make a green smoothie?
- Add all ingredients to a blender. I recommend placing the leafy greens on the bottom, to make for easier blending.
- Purée. Blend everything together until it is completely smooth. (If it is too thick, just add in a little extra coconut water.)
- Taste. Give it a taste and add any extra sweetener, if needed.
- Garnish & Serve. Top it with chia seeds or dried cranberries or grated dates or any other seeds you’d like to make it more nutritious. Then serve it up right away while it’s still cold…and enjoy!
Simple Green Smoothie
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Simple Green Smoothie is a healthy way to start your day!!
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1 kiwi
- 1 cup spinach (frozen)
- 1 cup cocunut water
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (frozen)
- ½ tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- ⅓ tbsp grated dates (optional)
- 3–4 dried cranberries (optional)
- Place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until thick and smooth. Scrap down the sides if needed.
- If the smoothie is too thick, then add more liquid and blend again to get a slightly thin smoothie.
- Once done, split green smoothie between 2 tall glasses, or 3-4 small glasses. Serve immediately or store in a smoothie jar to enjoy it on-the-go.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American, Indian
Keywords: Geen Smoothie, Simple Green Smoothie
Wow, very nice😋😋
I ‘ll try dis👌👌