Delicious, thick and creamy Banana Milkshake is super simple to make and perfect for any day of the year! It’s a great way to use up all the bananas you have. This Banana Milkshake is very versatile and can be made with different or additional ingredients in 5 minutes. It’s full of rich banana flavor and a good source of potassium.
BANANA MILKSHAKE INGREDIENTS
For this milkshake recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Whole milk: Whole milk makes the milkshake very creamy. You can use 2% but I don’t recommend 1% or skim milk. You can also make it with almond milk or soy milk if you wish and I’m sure the result will be just as tasty.
- Ripe bananas: You’ll want aging bananas but not brown.
- Vanilla ice cream: My favorite is vanilla bean ice cream. It goes perfectly with the bananas. However, if you want you can add Butterscotch or chocolate ice-cream as well.
- Dash of cinnamon: Banana and cinnamon are a great flavor combination.
- Dates – The dates add natural sweetness and a pleasing texture. Some tiny date pieces may remain after blending.
How to make Banana Milkshake?
- Gather Ingredients.
2. Peel Bananas. Add them to blender along with milk, dates and ice-cream and blend it.
3. Add ice-cream on top of the milkshake. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon or chopped nuts. Serve this creamy milkshake immediately as it will lose it’s texture if it sits too long.
4. Serve this creamy milkshake immediately as it will lose it’s texture if it sits too long.
More Banana Milkshake Recipes
- Nutella Banana Milkshake – Add Nutella before blending. Kids love Nutella!!
- Peanut Butter Banana Milkshake: Add 1-2 lightly heaping tablespoons of peanut butter before blending. I have tried it with Almond butter and Cashew butter also and liked it.
- Oreo Banana Milkshake – Crush 4-5 Oreo biscuits and add before blending.
- Chocolate Banana Milkshake: Add 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge sauce before blending.
- Salted Caramel Banana Milkshake: Add 2 tablespoons salted caramel before blending and drizzle more caramel sauce over the top.
- Banana Split Milkshake: Swirl glass with fudge sauce before adding milkshake. Top with whipped cream, more fudge sauce, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry.
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake – Add some strawberries for a strawberry banana milkshake.
- Protein Powder Milkshake – Add vanilla protein powder to make it a perfect post-workout drink.