Tomato Onion Raita is one of the easiest and no-cook recipe with minimum ingredients required. This raita is a great accompaniment to spicy curries, pulaos, biryanis etc.!
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 1½ cup yogurt (should not be sour, beaten until smooth)
- sea salt (to taste)
- ½ tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder or cumin powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- Put curd or yogurt in a bowl, whisk for a smooth, silky consistency. Add ¼ cup water, if desired.
- Add spices – sea salt, cumin powder, chili flakes and sugar and mix.
- Now add chopped tomato, onion and green chili. Mix well. You can add either chili flakes or green chili. I have added both to add some extra heat.
- Add chopped cilantro or mint leaves. Keep it in the refrigerator to serve chilled or add 1-2 ice cubes or serve as it-is.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Accompaniment, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Onion Tomato Raita