Paneer Bhurji is an easy, quick and mild spicy dish that would make a great weekday supper or a lovely main for a vegetarian guest.
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ajwain(carom seeds)
- 2 medium red onion (chopped)
- 2 green chili (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- ½ green bell pepper (chopped)
- ¼ red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- ¾ tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 250 grams crumbled paneer (around 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- Firstly, in a large pan, heat oil on medium flame and saute ajwain(carom seeds) and kadhi leaves. Let them sizzle for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, green chili and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until turned light browned.
- Then add salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, dry mango powder and black pepper powder. Mix and cook the spices for 30 seconds.
- Further, add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add crumbled paneer / cottage cheese and mix gently. Cook the paneer for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not over-cook else it will become rubbery and chewy.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. You can also sprinkle garam masala before serving but it's optional. Serve with parathas, chapatis, naan, or on a toast as well!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Cheese Scrambled, Paneer Bhurji