Indian Onion Salad is our favorite quick & easy spicy salad to serve with tandoori appetizers, curry, or any vegetarian dal. This simple spicy salad recipe can be made in less than 20 minutes and requires no cooking!
- 2 medium red onion
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1½ tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp garam masala (optional)
- ½ tbsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel, slice the onions into thick slices and separate out the rings. Soak them in cold water for 15 minutes. If you prefer pungent taste of raw onions, you can skip this step. Then drain all the water.
- Add spices – salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, sugar(optional), chopped cilantro, and squeeze lemon on it. Mix well.
- Laccha onion ring salad is ready. You can eat with any type of side dish like biryani, barbecue, tandoori item, and any curries.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish