Creamy Spinach Soup with mint is healthy and filled with nutritional benefits. This soup is loaded with iron, dietary fiber, good fat, and a lot of other nutrients.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots roughly chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1½ cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Cashews and peanuts to garnish
- 2 tbsp Parmesan or cheddar cheese shredded to garnish
- Bring a big pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, in another bowl keep ice cold water ready.
- Add cleaned Spinach leave to the pot of boiling water. Cook briefly for around 30 seconds. Then immediately remove from hot water and plunge Spinach for the ice bath. Let the spinach sit in ice bath for 5-6 minutes. Then drain it in a colander and keep aside.
- Next sauté onions in olive oil in a pan. Add garlic, ginger to the pan and cook for one minute.
- Toss in chopped carrots, and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let it cool off slightly.
- Add the mixture, mint leaves, spinach, and water to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender, you can do this in the pot). Pulse until thick and smooth (about 1-2 minutes per batch).
- To serve, pour spinach soup into bowls and garnish with peanuts, chopped cashews, and fresh cracked pepper. Enjoy!
- Replace carrots with potato and/or Zucchini, which are generally used to give the soup a body.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds, chickpeas, or freshly grated coconut flakes while serving.
- Top it with steamed corn or peas.
- Use greek yogurt instead of heavy cream if you’d prefer.
- Vegetable broth or milk can be used in lieu of water to make it more creamy.
- Add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 307
Keywords: Spinach Soup, Soup, Creamy Spinach Soup with Mint, Appetizer, Side dish