These cream cheese veggie sandwiches make the perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion. They’re filling and refreshing and everyone loves them!
- 6 bread slices (white or brown)
- ½ cup grated cucumber
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, marjoram, basil, oregano)
- ¼ black pepper (optional)
- Add vegetables of your choice like boiled sweet corn, chopped onion, bell pepper, grated carrot, and cucumber. Make sure you squeeze off the water of the cucumber else the bread will turn soggy.
- Add cream cheese to the veggies and mix well. I used the herbs cream-cheese spread. You can use your favorites or whatever you have on hand. If using plain then add some fresh herbs and a pinch of salt and black pepper. If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can substitute dried or even skip the herbs.
- Spread the mixture on one side of the bread and cover with the other slice of bread.
Note: We love these best on white bread with the crusts removed but you can certainly make these sandwiches on pumpernickel bread (or any kind of bread) if you’d like!
- Gently press and cut the sandwich in a desired shape of your choice. Serve with Masala Tea or Iced Tea!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Breakfast, Breakfast Sandwiches, Cream Cheese Veggie Sandwich