Boondi Raita is a popular raita recipe in India and a regular part of meal during summer. Boondi is the main ingredient of this side dish, that is made with a paste of ground chickpea flour, a little bit of turmeric, salt and chilli powder added to the paste. Deep fry little drops of the paste and add to yogurt along with spices. Boondi can be made at home or you can buy from any Indian store.
Boondi Raita is a simple recipe and very quick to make if you have boondi, yogurt and basic spices available in your kitchen.
- Soak boondi in warm water for a min. Slightly squeeze to remove the excess water. This removes the oil flavor from boondi and keep the raita fresh. Add to whisked yogurt with spices and garnish with chopped cilantro or mix chopped cilantro and green onion. Take care while adding salt, because boondi has also salt in it.
- Another method is to add boondi directly to whisked yogurt to keep the raita crispy.
How to make Boondi Raita?
- Gather all the ingredients – Yogurt, Boondi, Sea Salt, Chili flakes, Sugar, Cumin Powder, Cilantro and Green onion.
2. Soak boondi in warm water for a minute. Squeeze to remove the excess water. Whisk the yogurt. Add water to get desired consistency.
3. Add spices – sea salt, cumin powder, chili flakes and sugar and mix.
4. Add chopped cilantro and green onion.
5. Add Boondi and mix it.
6. Serve immediately or refrigerate it and serve chilled with parathas, pulao, or biryani.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!