Beetroot Cashew Noodles is vibrant, bold, and full of flavors that brighten up your lunch or evening snacks or are perfect for a weekend get-together.
- 250 gram of pasta or noodles
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp orange Juice or lemon juice
- Maple Syrup(optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallion
Step 1: Cook the pasta
- Cook your favorite pasta/noodles in well-salted boiling water until al dente (as per the package instructions). Drain the pasta and put into bowls or pan.
- Wash beet under running water. In order to blanch them, immerse them in boiling water for up to 10 minutes(or until softenend), and plunge them into a bowl of cold or ice water immediately afterward. The sudden chill will also preserve the beets’ rich color.
- Roast garlic and cashews in a non-stick pan or in olive oil.
Step 2: Blend the ingredients to make the sauce
- Add blanched beetroot, garlic, cashews, orange juice, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to a food processor, and blend until smooth or leave it a little crunchy.
Note: Feel free to add lemon juice over orange juice. In that case, add in a few tablespoons of pasta water while blending. The starches in the pasta water help the sauce stick to the noodles and coat them evenly.
Also, keep some roasted cashews aside to garnish the noodles.
- Taste the sauce and adjust any seasonings, if desired.
- Pour the sauce over noodles and mix it.
Step 3: Garnish and Serve!
- Put it into bowls and garnish with chopped cashews and scallion. Top with red chili flakes for more spice and the remaining chopped scallions and cashews. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: American
- Calories: 700
Keywords: Vegetarian, Snacks, Appetizer, Casual Party, Weekend, Beets, Beetroot Cashew Noodles, No meat