Apple Mint Raita is a yummy, creamy, and refreshing dish prepared by mixing apple chunks with yogurt (curd), spices, and fresh herbs.
- 1 cup curd or plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk or water
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp sugar (optional)
- ½ tbsp freshly ground pepper or red chili flakes
- 1 cup chopped apple
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ cup chopped mint
- Whisk the yogurt. Add water or milk to get the desired consistency. Gather ingredients. Add spices – cumin powder, chili flakes, or red chili powder or black ground powder, sugar(optional), chopped mint leaves and mix.
- Add apple cubes to the bowl. Mix well.
- Chill the raita before serving. Apple raita is the perfect accompaniment to any spicy Indian curry and tastes best when chilled. Sprinkle some mint flakes on top and freshly ground pepper.
- Use of thick and chilled yogurt is recommended.
- I prefer using a whisk over electric blender otherwise raita consistency will be thin.
- If you are preparing it in advance, then do not add salt along with apple pieces, just add and mix it just before serving.
- For variation, you can add chopped banana to make apple banana raita.
- Use peeled apple if you’d prefer. If you are health conscious, then do not peel it because apple skin is rich in nutrition.
- Replace red apples with green, if that makes your taste buds happy.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- To make this raita crunchy, add walnuts.
- Grate the apple instead of adding chunks. That makes it equally delicious.
- Calories: 404