Aloo Methi is an Indian vegetarian dish made with potatoes and fresh fenugreek leaves with light spices. It is a great gluten-free dish to serve with Indian bread.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or any oil of your choice)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chili
- 2 green chilies chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger (grated or chopped)
- 10 baby potatoes (or 2 medium sized potatoes, cut into cubes)
- 2 cups methi leaves
- 1½ tbsp salt (or as desired)
- 1 tbsp coarinder powder
- ⅓ tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds, dried red chili, chopped ginger, and green chili.
- Once the cumin sizzles and the rest of the ingredients start changes their color, add potatoes and mix. Fry the potatoes in oil for 5 to 6 minutes until slightly golden brown. Toss them once or twice in between.
- Add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric.
- Then add the methi leaves and stir. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes (keep stirring in between) until the leaves are cooked, the moisture dries out and the potatoes are done. I sprinkled some water and covered the pan with a lid to cook the potatoes faster.
- Serve aloo methi with roti or any bread of choice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Aloo Methi