Indian Recipe of Spiced Potatoes with Green Beans.
- 3 medium size potatoes (peeled and cut into thin wedges)
- 4 cups beans (chopped)
- 1½ tbsp ginger (grated or finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 3–4 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1½ tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp salt (or add salt as desired)
- 2 green chili (chopped)
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Rinse, peel and chop the potatoes into wedges. Soak potatoes in water for 15-20 mins and drain them completely.
- Wash beans and remove the side strings. Chop them into small size.
- In a pan heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add cumin and let them crackle. Once they start to splutter add curry leaves, ginger and chopped green chili. Fry until the raw smell of the ginger goes off.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry them for 3-4 minutes. Then add salt, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder and dry mango powder. Mix well.
- Add potatoes and mix it. Cover with lid and let them cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add beans, mix, cover and cook until the beans are tender and cooked completely.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Aloo Beans, Aloo Phali