A delicious north indian recipe cooked with aloo, gobhi, matar, lot of ginger and some spices!
- 1 medium Cauliflower (approx. 500 grams)
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 baby potatoes (or 2 medium sized potatoes, cut into cubes)
- 100 grams peas
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1½ tbsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tbsp salt (or as desired)
- ½ tbsp red chili powder (or as desired)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp dry mango powder
- ¾ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves (chopped, to garnish)
- Cut the cauliflower into medium size florets. Peel off the skin of potatoes. Wash the florets and potatoes under running water nicely, drain the water, and keep aside.
- If you are using frozen peas then soak them in warm water for 10 mins. But if you are using fresh peas then wash and keep aside.
- Heat 2-3 teaspoons of oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds, dried red chili, bay leaf, curry leaves and let them crackle.
- Add chopped ginger, onion and green chili to it and mix.
- Add salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric, and dry mango powder. Mix it.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes till they are little soft.
- Cover the pan and let the masala cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the potatoes, peas and cauliflower to it and mix.
- Add some water if masala starts to stick to the pan. Keep checking and add more water if needed. Give it a good mix. Cover with lid and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle garam masala. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves or kasuri methi.
- Serve with Steamed Rice or Indian Breads or Naan!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Adraki Aloo Gobhi Matar, Aloo Gobhi, Aloo Gobhi Matar, Dry Aloo Gobhi